Contacts on iPhone always play an important part. We need contacts to call, message and email our relatives, friends, classmates, and clients to keep in touch with them. However, unexpected bad things may happen accidentally:
You might get the trouble with losing contacts when upgrading iOS 9, or unfortunately you dropped your iPhone, and it could not be turned on again. The contacts, messages, photos and more on your iPhone were lost. If you encounter such situations, just take it easy, this article will guide you 4 ways to recover iPhone contacts.
By default, iTunes always creates a backup when you synchronize your iPhone with computers. You can also store your recent backup data on the cloud storage service for better security or store on PC for quick access even when you are not online.
- Connect iPhone to your computer
- Enable iTunes
- Underneath Drvies card in the left column, you will see your phone name
- Right-click and select: restore from backup
- Choose one of the previous backup that is full of contacts and restore them.
This may be the easiest method to recover lost contacts on the iPhone. However, its drawback is that it can remove or replace other contacts on your iPhone such as: photos, addresses you have saved since the last back up. The next method will allow you to choose data you want to restore.
This requires users to download and install Wondershare Data Recovery software. The latest version for Window and Mac can download here (https://www.wondershare.com/data-recovery/). With Wondershare software, you can restore any data. Following these steps:
- Download and install software for computers running Window or Mac
- Connect iPhone to your computer
- Open Wondershare Data Recovery
- Click the backup you want
- Switch to the Contacts card and see all contacts with the backups.
- From here, you can copy them to your computer and import to iPhone via iTunes
In addition, Wondershare software allows you to search and restore files you have deleted from your device, which included your contacts. Because when you delete any data from the computer, it is not completely erased, sometimes there is any information that can be restored. Thus, you will have to use tools called “Dr.Fone” from Wondershare ( only available for Windows users). Just follow these three initial steps as the method 2 above and then the wizard appears you continue following these steps:
- Click the ‘Start’ button on software interface
- Press and hold the ‘Power’ and ‘ Home’ button of your iPhone for exact 10 seconds
- After the 10 seconds, release the “Power” button, but keep holding the “Home” button for another 15 seconds
- Now your iPhone will be under the DFU mode and the scan will start automatically
5. When the scan finishes, click the “Contacts” checkbox on the left sidebar to preview all the found contacts on your iPhone on the right screen. Switching on the “Only show the deleted” filter will help you find the previous deleted contacts more quickly.
The last method is quite effective and simple; users need not install any additional tools or applications.
- From your iPhone, open the application “Address Book”
- Go to the “Import”
- Select “Address Book Archive”
- Folders containing all of the Address Book data will appears, you just need to move the data to the current location of the Address Book.
Thus, you have successfully recovered the lost iPhone contacts. If you lose the data on your device, these methods will certainly be very useful.