When you want to make calls with important people, but you cannot do it and the screen displays the “Call Failed”. No matter what your iPhone is, when occurring this issue, you really want to get rid of it as soon as possible. In this article, we will show how to fix “Call Failed” on iDevices
- Turn on Airplane mode
Turning on the Airplane mode is the easiest way to fix the issue. You just swipe up from bottom of the screen to access the Control Center. Then, tap the Airplane icon on the upper-right corner. Wait for a few seconds, and then turn the Airplane mode back off.
- Dial *#31#
This is one of hidden codes on your iPhone/iPad which is used to disable your anonymity status. You might accidentally have set your iPhone number hidden in outgoing calls and this causes the “Call Failed” every time you make or receive a call. The fastest way is dialing *#31#, or you can also check by going to Settings >> Phone >> Show My Caller ID, and turn it on
- Restart IPhone
Another simple solution, but powerful is restarting your device. Many issues can be easily resolved just by rebooting. To do that, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds until the red slider “Slide to Power it off” appears. Slide from left to right to power off. Wait for at least 20 seconds then turn it back on. Pressing the Power button again until you see the Apple logo appears on the screen
- Disable LTE
In some situations, LTE can also cause the error. If this feature is responsible for your call failed error, check and try to disable it for a while. Head to Settings >> Cellular >> Cellular Data Option >> tap on Voice & Data. Here, select 3G mode
- Reinsert SIM Card
Sometimes, the SIM card can be the reasons for dropping calls issues on your iPhone/iPad. You should check your SIM card if there is any scratches.
- Use the SIM-eject tool to open the SIM tray
- Take out your SIM card.
- Insert your SIM card to another smartphone and check if it works fine
- Update to the latest iOS versions
Sometimes, some bugs can make errors on your device, including “Call Failed” errors. That time, you should update your iOS to the latest versions to fix bugs fixes. Many issues can be fixed by using this method.
- First, ensure a stable Internet connection on your iPhone and the battery must be at least 50%
- Go to Settings >> General >> Software Update.
- If there is an update, your device will download it first.
- Once finish, tap on “Install Now”.
- Restore iPhone
The final solution is restoring your iPhone/iPad. This will wipe out everything on your iPhone and bring your iPhone as new. Therefore, remember to back up your data first, then follow the steps.
- Make sure the battery is full of charge.
- Ensure a stable Wi-Fi connection. Otherwise, your device may get stuck in recovery mode.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac/PC with the latest iTunes version.
- Click Restore on Summary tab.
- Before installing, iTunes will download the firmware first.
- You just wait until the process is completed. And the error will be fixed
Above are all effective solutions to fix “Call Failed” error on your iPhone/iPad. If you find any useful information, please leave your comments below.