All of us know that iOS is a fairly close operating system and we are not able to make many changes. So, things like locking apps with the biometric data or hiding apps are some things that iOS users cannot really do. However, if you dig deeper into the Settings, you can get some amazing hidden features from iOS operating system. One such feature is its ability to hide apps. Although it does not allow you to hide apps individually, you can employ a blanket statement to hide certain kinds of apps. You feel like learning how to do so, here is how you can hide apps on your iPhone X:
How to Hide Apps on iPhone X
The trick we want to show you is not new, and in fact, it has been handy for quite a few years. However, not many people know about this trick. A considerable thing here is that iOS 12 version has even changed the way this trick works. If you have updated your iPhone X to iOS 12, here is how to hide apps on your phone.
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone X and then tap on “Screen Time” option. Next, tap on “Content & Privacy Restrictions” option.
- After you do that, there will be a prompt that asks you to create a “Passcode”. If you have already done that, simply get the “Enter Passcode” screen. Create a Passcode and enable the “Content & Privacy” option in the next screen.
- Next, if you want to hide the native apps, simply tap the “Allowed Apps” From there, you can disable the apps that you don’t want to display on the home screen.
- To hide third-party apps, just tap on “Content Restriction”. As the image below, there are many things that you can restrict on your iPhone X. From there, you can restrict the type of music, podcasts, movies, and others that are available.
5. Now, tap on the “Apps” option. By default, the “Allow All Apps” option is enabled.
6. Here there are a couple of things you can do. First, hide all third-party apps just by tapping on the “Don’t Allow Apps” option. Second, you can hide apps by age restrictions. For instance, you can tap on the “12+” option to hide all the apps, requiring the user to be 12 years or higher.
How to Hide Private Apps on iPhone X
Although you are not able to individually hide apps, taking advantage of the age restriction feature is already good enough if you want to hide sensitive apps. While there are some things changed a little in iOS 12 version, the principle still remains the same. This feature can be used to keep games far away from your kids or anyone who you don’t like. If you found this useful, please share this article and let us know which apps you want to hide on your iPhone X.